Friday, March 23, 2012

Photo Clutch Dry Erase Quiet Book

It seems like there have been several occasions lately where I have been out with friends or with my own family and have watched as kids have been stuck somewhere with nothing to entertain them. I always feel sorry for them! And when it's my own kids, it drives me nuts. So I came up with a solution:You may remember seeing this photo clutch before. I bought it on clearance for just a couple bucks. Now it has been transformed into a little dry-erase quiet book that is just the right size to tuck into my purse.

Here's what the pages look like inside:


I had all these elaborate plans to make things in Photoshop and print them out, but in the end, I just did everything by hand. I think sometimes we fear the imperfections of our own handwriting and sketching. But does it really matter? Not at all! In fact it makes the book all that more unique. I know some of the words are crooked or spaced unevenly. And that's okay.

There are a few sleeves that are still empty. I was too excited to share this idea to wait until I finished them. But some of the ideas I have for them are matching games, word search, and connect-the-dots.

If you don't draw, you could easily find clip art that would work.

I have made a lot of quiet books in my day, but this one was definitely the easiest to put together. It only took a couple of hours. And next time I am out somewhere with a bored kid, I can't wait to whip this bad boy out! Bye bye, boredom!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have seen these at Tues. Morning. I love that you did the pages yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love that you decided to do it by hand. That way you know the project will get done and your kids will still love it too. I have a car playmat my mom made with fabric markers and I love the hand-made illustrations. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you add the sleeves to the clutch and what where the sleeves. Thank you this idea is great, not a mommy yet but making now so once child is old enough to use it I ave handy! Wonderful idea just need explains tin on sleeves :) thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany,

    I didn't add the sleeves to the clutch---they were already there. It's a photo clutch meant for carrying pictures of your loved ones in your purse with you. If you can't find a photo clutch, they sell inexpensive photo album flip books at Walmart that would work just as well.

    I think it's a great idea to make things for your kids before they are born...once they are born, you are too busy taking care of them!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments will post after approval.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...