1. You will need polyester satin fabric. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby. It's super cheap and it comes in lots of fun colors. You could buy as little as 1/4 yard and have enough to make several flowers---they really don't take much fabric at all!
2. Cut squares in progressively smaller sizes. The bigger silver flower has four layers and the biggest sqare was probably 4 or 5 inches, so you would need one 4 inch square one 3 1/2 inch square, one 3 inch square, one 2 1/2 inch square, roughly.
3. Cut slits on each side of the square, as shown in the photograph.4. Using a lighter, melt all the outside edges and down each slit until they shrivel and you like the way they look.
5. Stack the squares together from smallest on top to biggest on bottom. Use a dab of hot glue in between each layer to hold the whole thing together..
6. Hot glue a coordinating felt circle on the back of each flower..
7. Hot glue a hair clip or corsage pin on the felt.
8. Add a center embellishment if desired.
The circular flower is made the same way, except you cut concentric circles and melt their edges (no slits needed). So easy!